PAMELLA NEELY • (505) 660-7072 • Santa Fe, New Mexico
Marketer and copywriter with experience in pay per click marketing, website content, catalogs, websites, email, newspapers and books. Journalism awards from the New York Press Association and Columbia School of Journalism.
Marketing Consultant (Fall 2004 – present), Santa Fe, New Mexico and New York, New York
• Write and promote a series of small websites for AdSense income.
• Manage $2.5 million per year of ppc ad spend for a background search tool from August 2006 to May 2009.
• Use Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer to improve conversion rates.
• Google, Yahoo and MSN pay per click setup, management and ad copy writing for a computer consulting info product, pheromones retailer, personal coach, UK directory site, real estate broker, coupons site, internet affiliate training course, website hosting company, and many other businesses.
• Developed and executed search engine optimization strategies for several small and medium-sized businesses.
• Created direct mail pieces, including a 16 page brochure for the New York Jesuit Education Centers.
• Developed websites for several small businesses, including the lawfirm JayGoodman.com.
• Wrote and executed multi-channel marketing plan the educational product Professor Toto.
• Created an email strategy and designed an email template for the natural cosmetics company Salveation.
• Conducted videotaped user testing and usability analysis for the B2B website, BarterAdvantage.com.
Project Manager/Copywriter (May – November 2004), Insight Out of Chaos, New York, New York
• Edited and managed the development and deployment of a monthly email for Balducci’s, a high-end grocery chain.
• Copywriting and project management for dozens of direct mail pieces and weekly email blasts for True Value Rewards, a state-of-the-art loyalty program for the national hardware store chain.
• Wrote copy and developed complex enhancements for the True Value Rewards website.
President and Owner (2003 – 2007), The Original Christmas Gift
Launched a gift product of edible gold dust, frankincense incense, and myrrh-infused moisturizer, generating sales through the website, OriginalChristmasGift.com via keyword buys, online advertising, direct mail and email prospecting. The email creative generated a 40% click-through rate to first-time prospects. Marketed the product off-line at craft fairs.
Direct Marketing Intern, (Fall & Winter 2003), Grey Direct E-Marketing, New York, New York
Supported an account management supervisor, working with directly senior clients and staff on the Chase Online and the Chase/GM credit card accounts. Supervised mailings in excess of ten million pieces with more than twenty different test cells.
Marketing Manager (Spring 2001 – Spring 2003), A Common Reader, Pleasantville, New York
Capitalized on marketing opportunities for the book catalog A Common Reader.
• Managed weekly email campaigns for the website. Tripled response rates by segmenting emails according to past purchases.
• Used Google AdWords to acquire new customers at 50% the cost of rented lists.
• Increased catalog request conversions 22% with a free shipping card.
• Collaborated with the catalog Levenger, the website andante.com and Book Magazine on micro-sites, package insert swaps, bind-in cards and poly-bagged ride-alongs.
• Worked with list management company to buy prospect names and rent the company’s house list.
Website Manager, CommonReader.com (Spring 1996 – Spring 2001)
Designed, produced and maintained an 8,000 page site described by The Internet Cool Guide as “a jewel” in 1998. Only Amazon.com was as highly rated among booksellers at that time. Supervised a staff of three. Redesigned the entire site in the Fall of 1999. Brought the website from zero to 22% of company sales in less than three years.
Managing Editor, A Common Reader (1994 – 1996)
• Developed and executed a business plan for a series of small subject-related catalogs, creating a return on investment of more than 300% and moving otherwise stagnant inventory.
• Oversaw design, publication, and promotion of more than a dozen book reprints.
• Wrote numerous best-selling book reviews for the catalog.
• Helped launch a tabloid-sized magazine for its first two issues.
Associate Editor, (Fall 1993-Fall 1994), Floor Focus Magazine, Bedford, New York
Performed market research surveys, wrote short articles, managed circulation and assisted with marketing subscriptions and selling ad space.
Reporter, (1991-1993), The Peekskill Herald, (weekly newspaper) Peekskill New York
Wrote weekly stories and features covering both the village of Buchanon (home of Indian Point nuclear power plant) and the city of Peekskill. In 1992 was awarded 3rd Place from the New York Press Association for a feature story.
Touchstone, the student newspaper of Manhattanville College, Purchase, New York
Editor. Supervised a staff of fifteen for two years during the time when the newspaper won 2nd place in the Columbia Journalism School’s national competition for a college newspaper.
• New York University, Master of Science in Direct and Interactive Marketing, 2004.
Course work included advanced financial and statistical analysis, media buying, strategy, and creative management.
• Sarah Lawrence College, Bachelor of Arts in English, 1994.
Certificate in Advanced SEO, Planet Ocean, 2012. Coursework included microformats, video and image optimization, local SEO, recovering from Google penalties and 301 redirects.
Finished Jon Morrow’s Guest Blogging Apprenticeship Program. Jon Morrow is the Associate Editor of Copyblogger.com
Certified Google Adwords Professional, 2005, 2007, 2009
Yahoo Search Ambassador, 2007
2006: Perry Marshall’s Bobsled Run for business development and AdWords pay per click advertising.